Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hell on Wheels!


Unlike what this bastard is going to say, when I was assigned to the 2nd Armored Division in 1940, and I was a Colonel in charge of training...hence my status as 'freak.' It was only because of how I stayed on everyone that anything got done.

As soon as the last great war ended I tried to convince the government of the importance of armor. I wrote everyone and told everyone that they were the future, but no one would listen. Well, I wonder if they'll listen when the Germans capture Moscow?

When I finally took over in January of 1941 we were finally able make progress. The most important thing I had to do was try and prove to the old infantry and cavalry officers who were my superiors that armor was the future of warfare. In spite of the Germans showing them with Blitzkrieg in Poland and half of the god**** European continent. But, as I have often said, It’s the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory.

I am spending all of my time down here trying to make things work. And for once this young pup is almost right. He's d*** right about them being ivory handled, but they are .45s not .44s. D*** fool can't remember a word I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment