Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bastogne or Bust!


D*** I was beginning to think my time would never come, but it finally has! The god**** Nazis have made a last ditch effort to drive us off the continent. This is that paper-hanging son of a b****'s last try...he's thrown everything he has left into this, and if we beat him here he's finished. And god**** it I am going to be part of it! The 101st and 82nd were sent in to plug a hole around Bastogne. They are now surrounded by heavy German armor. My third army is going to get them unsurrounded.

We have over 100 miles to go over icy roads... and the weather is h***. I couldn't have ordered a more perfect situation! I have been hard on my men; I have had the same standards for them I have for myself, and I always believe in being prepared, even when I'm dressed in white tie and tails. Well, it is all going to pay off now. We are going to turn the tide and destroy that armor, and I will be in history!

An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap. I am going to show them all god**** them. I have done everything I require of those I command, and I always will. Any man who doesn't is not fit to command a horse. The only you can win is by making your men sure they can not be beaten. When your men know that they are unstoppable, they will be!

I swear to God, I am going to personally drive to Berlin and shoot that paper-hanging son of a b****!!!


If only we had a better bigger tank I could do more...the d*** Sherman is like a grasshopper next to German tanks....oh well we will still beat them.
It is the unconquerable soul of man, not the nature of the weapon he uses, that insures victory.

We needed the weather to change. I know God is on our side because he is on my side. So I ordered the chaplains to write up a prayer to God asking for the weather to lift. I combined it with my Christmas card and sent it to all my officers.

Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations.

And on the back: To each officer and soldier in the Third United States Army, I Wish a Merry Christmas. I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty, and skill in battle. We march in our might to complete victory. May God's blessings rest upon each of you on this Christmas Day. G.S. Patton, Jr, Lieutenant General, Commanding, Third United States Army.


"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.”

No comments:

Post a Comment