Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The First US Army Group


I am in command of a fictional army, a decoy. But, I suppose it is better than having no command, and being sent back to the states. All I do now is go around giving talks to the Brits, and sending out misinformation for the d*** krauts to pick up. My only hope is that Ike promised me a command once we attack Normandy. Speaking of which, everyone got mad at me because they think I'm a loose cannon, and I have to let them think that for now. Ike has told me time and again to try and make everyone think we are attacking Calais instead of Normandy. So, the other night at a reception I yelled across the room to Jim Gavin, "I'll see you in the Pas De Calais, Gavin!" You should have heard the uproar. D*** I want a command again so bad I can taste it.

No comments:

Post a Comment