Monday, March 7, 2011

Finally... the Great War


Well, after two years of indecision Wilson finally got us in the god****ed war! Damn shame it took the sinking of a civilian vessel to make him get a spine though.

I was one of the first American soldiers in Europe. I arrived with General Pershing and his personal staff in June 1917. Once there I worked as a d*** staffer. I haven't gotten anywhere near the action, and it's driving me up a wall.

I have just now been appointed to command a school for tankers. People have finally begun to understand how important tanks are to modern warfare. This business of using them to bridge trenches though is a god**** waste of time and resources. Armor should be used as spear thrust bypassing heavily defended strong points, and smash through the heartland. Unfortunately the high command is made up of old infantry and cavalry officers who are not interested in something new. They are only interested in keeping everything the same. Hopefully, I'll be able to help change that.

No comments:

Post a Comment